Who we are
We’re a group of volunteers here to promote the interests of residents in the Stonefields area, foster community-based activities and provide a safe and pleasant environment for everyone. We do this through a range of activities including providing regular newsletters and information, supporting and promoting local groups and activities, and organising community events and public meetings.
What we do
Here are a few of the things that our hardworking team of volunteers do.
- Provide regular news and information via our fortnightly email newsletter
- (Almost) daily updates on our Facebook page
- The annual Best Christmas Lights competition
- The annual Halloween Spooktacular House competition
- Community social gatherings such as the Stonefields Family Picnic Day
- The annual Stonefields Best Dog Show
- The annual Best Streetscape and Best Gardens competition
- Public meetings to give residents the opportunity to hear directly from their local political representatives and others
- Meet monthly at open committee meetings to stay discuss and stay abreast of issues that affect Stonefields Residents
- Provide an information service to answer residents’ questions and connect them to people or organisations that can help
Why you should join
The Stonefields Residents Association is an incorporated society with free membership open to any resident in Stonefields. It is operated by a committee of volunteers elected each year at the annual general meeting of residents.
We’re always keen to hear from volunteers who can help us organise community activities and events so if you think you might be able to lend a hand (no experience needed!) then please let us know. We need you to build our community!
The Stonefields Residents Association gratefully acknowledges the support of the Auckland Council Ōrākei Local Board.