The next few years are important for the future of Stonefields. The Ōrākei Local Board is preparing its 3-year plan and has asked the Stonefields Residents Association to assist in setting priorities and direction of decision-making for Stonefields and the wider Ōrākei area.
This is an important opportunity so please come along and express your views.
Our initial discussions have highlighted some key issues including:
- The Draft Plan for the Wetlands — when will this be adopted
- The poor maintenance of our two key assets, the Wetlands and Heritage Trail, especially the wattle and gorse infestation
- Footpath extension from bus stop in Stonefields to College Rd (opposite Market)
- General maintenance of all the playgrounds and parks is deficient
- Tree pruning in the general area
- Concerns about future development and traffic management
- Stonefields Community Hall plans and progress
Date: Thursday 27 February 2020
Venue: Auckland Netball Centre, Stonefields Ave
The Stonefields Residents Association has received a grant from the Orakei Local Board and a contribution from The John Q Team Ray White Real Estate for a special project to tidy up the berms around Stonefields.
The project involves removing wooden tree surrounds on grass berms where they are overgrown or have disintegrated, fixing those that are damaged, painting wooden surrounds, adding bark or garden mix where required, and undertaking some planting.
If you are interested in volunteering to work on this project please get in touch with SRA Committee Member Kerry Laing – 021 669 765 or firstname.lastname@example.org
A big thank you to the Orakei Local Board and John Quiambao for their support.
Who is responsible for the berms?
Auckland Transport is in charge of berms and what can be done with them. Property owners are required to mow and maintain the berms outside their properties. The Stonefields Residents Association is working within guidelines set by Auckland Transport and with assistance from the Ōrākei Local Board.
Can I help?
Yes! Contact us at email@example.com. Volunteers welcome.
Will all tree surrounds be upgraded?
No. A significant number (about one third) are in a poor state of repair or are neglected and overgrown. Council contractors will be removing these as resources allow. We have developed a plan for those we have identified for the project (about 350). Work will commence in early August and extend over a couple of months, depending on the number of volunteers.
Can I choose what is planted in the planter box outside my house?
At this stage, we’re focused on fixing up the planter boxes and general tidying such as weeding and bark. However, you are welcome to use the opportunity to arrange some planting of your choice, within the guidelines set by Auckland Transport (low growing plants or flowers.) We’re hoping in a later phase that we can do more to plant and beautify these areas.
Thanks to Our Sponsors
Megan Jaffe Real Estate
Ray White Remuera
All residents are invited to a briefing next week on Stonefields School, including plans for its $20 million upgrade.
The school is central to the success of Stonefields as a community so this is an excellent opportunity for residents to hear directly about its plans and to ask those burning questions. The meeting will be hosted by the Stonefields School Board of Trustees.
- Time: Wednesday 27th June, from 6.00–8.00pm
- Place: Stonefields School Hall (there will be supervision available for children in Hub 2)
Speakers will cover the role of the Board, its strategic goals for the school, the new build, and a number of other topics.
A chance to submit questions
The talk will include a question & answer segment to cover any questions residents have about the strategic direction of the school.
To help facilitate this segment the Board asks that you submit questions in advance, either:
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- using the Sli.do application, event code #V483 (instructions below for the more technically-challenged!)
As a reminder the Board is responsible for Governance and Strategy so they can’t answer questions about the day-to-day management of the school.
Please come along to this important community event
We are fortunate to have a highly-regarded school at the heart of our community. This is a great opportunity for residents to find out about their school’s longer term plans, to ask questions and offer feedback as a new phase in the school’s development gets underway.
How to submit question using the Sli.do app:
- Download Sli.do App from the App Store or Google Play OR go to slido.com
- Enter the event code — #V483
Easy! This approach allows the speakers to receive last minute questions during the evening, and questions can be ‘liked’ moving the most popular question to the top of the list.
All of our local businesses at Stonefields Market have got together to put on a wonderful day of fun, entertainment, prizes for the whole family.
For the kids, there will be a bouncy castle, face painting and treats. There will be a display of some stunning performance and luxury cars. There’s music, a sausage sizzle, and prize draws happening throughout the market day (10-2pm). And, of course, every business will be offering some great, not-to-be-missed deals!
So make sure you don’t miss the fun, freebies, and entertainment! Mark the date on your calendar now.
When: Sunday 27 May from 10am–2pm.
Where: Stonefields Market, corner Stonefields Ave and College Road, Stonefields.
- Music & entertainment
- TWO Bouncy castles
- Prize draws every half hour
- Face painting
- Performance and luxury car display
- Sausage sizzle
- Wine tasting
- Yoga demonstrations
- Market day specials!
• And LOTS MORE — Click here to check out all the prizes and activities!
Great Prize Draws — Multiple Chances to WIN!
Enter to win some great prizes! An outdoor gas heater from BBQ’s & More, IKEA shelving units from Akia, Guess handbag, Fitbit from Stonefields Medical and Pharmacy, vouchers and gift packs from Speights, Green Drycleaners, Charlie & George, OM Yoga, FlexFitness, Big Fish Eatery, and more. The earlier you enter, the more chances you get to win!
Blaze the Trail! Stonefields Family Picnic, 11am Saturday, 18 November
We’re going to celebrate the official opening of the Stonefields Heritage Trail in massive style, so mark this MUST-NOT-MISS date in your calendars now.
Here’s what our wonderful band of Stonefields Residents Association volunteers have lined up for you so far. (Keep checking back for updates.)
- BYO picnic
- Bouncy castle and games for kids
- Music and live entertainment: The fabulous AK SAMBA (on between 11 and noon) and the laid-back Llovisna jazz duo.
- Face Painting
- Famous Tinman Coffee Truck and Ice-cream truck
- Sausage sizzle
- Group walk: Take a leisurely stroll with neighbours along our newest walkway
Details of the Family Picnic Day
- Time: 11am Saturday November 18 (follows the official opening which begins at 10am)
- Place: The Stonefields Wetland Reserve (down by the lake, end of Bluegrey Ave.)
- This is a zero-waste event. Please respect our environment and come prepared to remove your own rubbish.
Pack your picnic lunch and bring the whole whānau and friends for a wonderful day of fun and celebration.
A huge thank you to Todd Property for their generous support and sponsorship of this event. Don’t miss it!