Auckland Council 10-year Budget consultation for residents
Speakers: Ōrākei Councillor Desley Simpson and Ōrākei Local Board Chairman Colin Davis
Date: 11:00am Sunday 25 March 2018
Venue: Stonefields School Hall
The bill is arriving for years of underinvestment, polluted beaches and waterways, traffic gridlock, and more. It will affect rates and charges for every Aucklander for the next decade.
A pivotal vote is about to take place at Auckland Council and you’re invited to a public meeting to hear about it and provide feedback.
The meeting is organised by the Stonefields Residents Association. We’ll have a cup of tea and bikkies afterwards to give you a chance to chat with neighbours and Council and Local Board elected representatives.
Councillor Desley Simpson will explain how the Council’s proposed 10-year budget aims to fix these issues, what’s good about it and what, maybe, is not, how much it will cost, and how those costs will affect you.
The Ōrākei Local Board perspective and issues will be presented by Board Chairman Colin Davis.
This is your chance to have a say directly before any vote is taken and let Councillor Simpson know which way she should vote.
- General rates increase of 2.5% and what it will cover
- New targeted rates for water and environment
- Regional fuel tax
- Art Gallery funding
- Extra rubbish costs: A third rubbish bin? And you want me to pay for it? Why?
- Funding for maunga (mountains, specifically Mt Wellington)
- Local Ōrākei issues
- And more
Mark your diary now!
- Where: Stonefields School Hall
- When: 11am Sunday 25 March 2018
Phil Goff on 10 year budget (NZ Herald article)
Auckland Council 10-Year Budget page
Blaze the Trail! Stonefields Family Picnic, 11am Saturday, 18 November
We’re going to celebrate the official opening of the Stonefields Heritage Trail in massive style, so mark this MUST-NOT-MISS date in your calendars now.
Here’s what our wonderful band of Stonefields Residents Association volunteers have lined up for you so far. (Keep checking back for updates.)
- BYO picnic
- Bouncy castle and games for kids
- Music and live entertainment: The fabulous AK SAMBA (on between 11 and noon) and the laid-back Llovisna jazz duo.
- Face Painting
- Famous Tinman Coffee Truck and Ice-cream truck
- Sausage sizzle
- Group walk: Take a leisurely stroll with neighbours along our newest walkway
Details of the Family Picnic Day
- Time: 11am Saturday November 18 (follows the official opening which begins at 10am)
- Place: The Stonefields Wetland Reserve (down by the lake, end of Bluegrey Ave.)
- This is a zero-waste event. Please respect our environment and come prepared to remove your own rubbish.
Pack your picnic lunch and bring the whole whānau and friends for a wonderful day of fun and celebration.
A huge thank you to Todd Property for their generous support and sponsorship of this event. Don’t miss it!
Hey Stonefields residents, we’re back again with the spookiest house competition for Halloween.
To enter simply post a picture of your scary looking house to our Facbook page or email us and the photo with the most likes will win our top prize!
But wait there’s more… we will also be giving a spot prize, so what are you waiting for?
Dig out the decorations and get ready for trick-or-treating!
Mark your diaries. Come along to the Stonefields Residents Association Annual General Meeting and have a say in your association. We’ll update you on what we’ve done and what we’re planning, we’ll elect a committee for the 2017/18 year, and we will hear from a guest speaker.
All residents in the suburb of Stonefields or the Stonefields Master Plan area are entitled to vote. Please arrive by 10:45 am to allow time for registration.
Nominations are open for the committee. If you’d like to join us, contact us for a nomination form. Please return completed nominations to the Secretary no later than 14 days prior to the AGM.
Time: 11am—Noon Sunday 5 November 2017
(Please arrive by 10:45 to register for voting)
Venue: Stonefields School Hall
Ahead of the election, a ‘Meet the Candidates’ evening will be held to help you understand the views and policies of the various Tamaki Electorate candidates and major parties.
- Who are the candidates in our area?
- What do they stand for?
- What are their views on our issues?
7:00 pm Friday 15 September
Selwyn College Theatre
Note: The meeting is at the Selwyn Theatre at the front of the school, not the ASB Stadium.
For enquiries, please email email@example.com
Hosted by your local Residents’ Associations.
Supported by Orakei Local Board.